Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Digital Playground - A Celebration of Life

Today is Feb. the 15th.  It is a very special day for my family as it was supposed to be Reny's birthday.  To celebrate this, a couple of days ago I made my very first vintage collage sheet!  Hurrah!


It is called 'Sister Love - Fun Classic' - actually a mishmash of different themes in one: circus, oriental, story book, black and white picts, medieval, bird, advert, classical dolls, vintage card and finally, my own 'madcrafter' profile.


Here they are:



  
It was supposed to be a limited edition thingy, but wow, people kept ordering although I mentioned earlier that only 3 pcs were available for each picture -I'm now fresh out of metal frames and vintage keyrings.  Talk about the keyrings, sigh .. they're vintage-licious! (if there was even a word like that)!


Following my Sister Love - Fun Classic debut, a friend gave me an open challenge - she wanted a custom vintage inspired glass pendant w/ her favorite John Wayne quotation written on it.  It says:


"Life is hard. 
It's harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne


Hmm. Sure brought some old memories to when I watched the 1968 film 'The Green Beret' featuring John Wayne himself, George Takei, David Janssen, Jim Hutton and Aldo Ray.  He looked good in an army uniform, but then, he also starred in many cowboy movies and my ... he definitely looked more charismatic wearing a cowboy hat  riding a horse! Soooo ... I googled around for his pic and found this absolutely gorgeous pic,


*sigh ....

Combined with an old parchment letter and used 'impact' font style, a little vignette around the border, and ...  VOILA!



I did contemplate about using some western font for the quotes, but then, I decided not to overkill and go easy on this one .. and she liked it!!  Double yay!!  

Now I just need to make its oval 4x3cm version - can't wait ... :)  

Happy Crafting!




No comments: